About the Italian Hangover Cake
Italian hangover cakes are impressive. Here we will describe a wonderful thing you will love and enjoy. Here is a recipe for Italian hangover cake. Researching all the fizzle cakes and treats on the Internet inspired me to come up with this recipe.
I’m sure you’ll love this Italian hangover cake. There are some celebrations that we all enjoy a little too much. So, This recipe is perfect for curing hangovers. Italian hangover cakes are delicious, even though they usually don’t cure a hangover. Fast to make and the full ingredients are apparently good for hangovers, such as ginger that helps soothe the stomach and bananas for potassium.
Read It : Best Banana Muffins Recipe Easy To Make
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 50 minutes
What Is Italian Hangover Cake?
After a night of drinking, Italians often serve up a cake known as a hangover cake. It’s a sponge cake, often flavored with citrus fruits. There are few things more satisfying than a piece of cake after a long night of partying. When you’re feeling down, this Italian hangover cake can be the perfect pick-me-up.
Ingredients To Make Italian Hangover Cake
To make the best Italian hangover cake recipe ever, each of these ingredients is totally necessary, so don’t be put off by this long list.
For the tasty cake:
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour.
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder.
- 2 tablespoon Ground Ginger.
- ½ tablespoon Salt.
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, at room temperature + extra for greasing.
- ½ cup Sugar.
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten.
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract.
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt.
Toppings For Italian Hangover Cake:
- 3 large Bananas.
- 2 tablespoons dark rum.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- ¼ cup light brown sugar.
If you’d prefer your caramel sauce to be creamier, you can add a splash of milk once the butter and brown sugar are completely melted, although it’s not necessary.
As for the cake, when I’m feeling most festive I might consider straining 1 tablespoon of orange juice and Grand Marnier. If you go this route, reduce the Greek yogurt by 2 tablespoons.
How To Make Italian Hangover Cake?
- First Prepared a burned pan. Lightly slick an 8-inch cake pan, while the oven is preheated to 350 degrees. Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat to make the topping.
- When the butter has melted, add the sugar and cook until the sauce is smooth. Add rum after removing from heat. To make the caramel taste stronger, add more rum.
- Place the caramel in the bottom of the prepared pan and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt together in a medium bowl. Mix the ingredients in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. About 5 minutes later, add sugar and beat until smooth and light.
- Gradually add the eggs and vanilla, beating until fully combined.
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix well. Mix the yogurt with the remaining flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Peel the plantains and cut into ½ inch slices. The pieces should be spread evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan. Then spread the cake batter evenly over the top. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean after baking for 25-30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Flip it over and invert it on a wire rack. It is best eaten hot.
Hope you like Italian Hangover Cake Recipe.